VyOS On Dell EMC
Enforce your network infrastructure with an open-source network OS.
Dell’s exceptional multigigabit offerings are an extraordinarily strong basis for designing a high throughput network. Combining it with VyOS opens a plethora of new opportunities for your infrastructure. New features promoted by VyOS significantly widen the scope of capability - from repurposing current hardware to quickly scaling and provisioning networking services in network management.
What will you get from combining Dell’s rich selection of equipment with the functionality of VyOS’s open-source Network OS?
- Wide choice of servers, compatible with VyOS - for every case;
- High quality of hardware, provided by the vendor with a proven history of successful installations;
- Professional support for both hardware and software parts;
- Portable configuration - the whole configuration is in a single text file, which can be easily copied to a new router, even if it is installed on another type of hardware or virtual machine;
- The possibility of using the multitude of network protocols and technologies implemented by VyOS/maintained by VyOS;
- Router control - open full access to underlying Linux for advanced troubleshooting and debug
Shift to an environment where your available computing power is the only thing that slows down your network infrastructure.
Common use cases
Combine VyOS with Dell EMC to provide such network services as DHCP, DNS, NTP, and a Proxy-Server to your clients.
Connect your clients, remote locations, and cloud services securely with IPSec, WireGuard, DMVPN, OpenVPN, and L2TP.
Divide network resources: DMZ from Client Network using zone-based, or addresses-based stateless and stateful firewall. Supported NAT and NAT helpers for special traffic types.
Run VyOS without a hiccup on compatible Dell hardware
Deploy VyOS directly onto bare metal server, data storage, networking, and security Dell EMC solutions from our ISO image. Or combine PXE infrastructure with Dell iDRAC management engine for completely remote installation on large-scale deployments.
Performance is guaranteed.
The VEP4600 is a Dell EMC networking platform purpose-built for next generation access deployments. The VEP4600 is a Universal CPE (uCPE) and is ideal for hosting SD-WAN and other VNFs (Virtual Network Functions) like routing, firewall or deep-packet inspection. It offers hosted virtualized network functionality, with applicability for the SP Edge and Enterprise Branch.
The VEP4600 is 1 RU sized, using the latest Intel® Xeon® D-2100 x86-based processor which is optimized for networking. The device is designed to meet and exceed the demanding high performance requirements for open and disaggregated networking.
The Dell EMC Networking Virtual Edge Platform 1400 series is optimized to host VNFs (Virtual Network Functions) and is ideal for SD-WAN.
The VEP1400 is designed in a fixed desktop form factor, with optional rack mount kit, using Intel® Atom® C-3000 x86-based processor which is optimized for value, lower power consumption and multiple core options.
In addition, the Quick Assist Technology (QAT) to accelerate security encryption and Data Plane Development Kit (DPDK) to accelerate packet processing, make it perfect for the service provider edge or enterprise branch, in a deployment where high-value, low power, compactness and large number of configuration options are design considerations
The PowerEdge R640 is the ideal dual-socket, 1U platform for dense scale-out data center computing. It was launched as one of the original 14th gen PowerEdge servers that combine density, performance and scalability to optimize application performance and data center density.
The R640 leverages new security features built-into every new PowerEdge server strengthening protection. It can reliably and securely deliver accurate data to customers no matter where they are. By considering each aspect of system security, from design to retirement, Dell EMC ensures trust and delivers a worry-free, secure infrastructure without compromise.
“VyOS is the backbone of our company network since the early Vyatta 6.x days. It scales
to meet your needs – from 256MB Alix-Board Low-Power Box for small branch offices to
multi-processor rackmounted/virtualized network appliance – and is extremely easy to
integrate with other systems like monitoring and configuration management. The
excellent support from Sentrium turns into a truly complete product that meets all our requirements.”
– Foxit Software
- Deploy VyOS with ease from a set ISO image
- Leverage management benefits from iDRAC console support
- Scale your resources through hardware expandability
- Review, backup, and manage your infrastructure through a comfortable CLI
- Secure connections between cloud and physical offices with a wide selection of tunneling protocols
- Accelerate encryption processes with Intel ® QuickAssist
Explore more benefits from the VyOS solution brief. Full up the form and we will deliver it to your mailbox.
Get solution brief